No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Birds

I didn't get a chance to take the camera out until mid afternoon, the birds were more active in the morning, but I was busy putting in a new septic trench.

Wompoo Fruit Dove
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8082.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	460270

Storm Bird

Name:	DSC_8101.jpg
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	460271

Male Sun Bird

Name:	DSC_8110.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	460272
    Cheers, Brad.

Yellow Honeyeater

Name:	DSC_8134.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	460274

Lewin's Honeyeater

Name:	DSC_8123.jpg
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	460275

Lewin's Honeyeater

Name:	DSC_8161.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	460276
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Unfortunately I only got 2 shots of this Mistletoe Bird, the AF on my lens was hunting and the bird was constantly on the move. Would have liked to get a few more shots with better poses and some time to compose the shots, maybe next time.

Name:	DSC_8146.jpg
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	460278

Name:	DSC_8147.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	460279
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

I am surprised you do this with auto focus. I find the wrong thing in focus to often. Must be something wrong with my technique. I didn't know pigeons came in those colours. Do you get all these birds in your garden?
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

I struggle with autofocus in situations like this too and often switch to manual.
          #1 is great except for the harsh background around the head. Bit of a shame.
          All the honey eaters are great too.
          Sony A7rii
          https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• Ironwood
            Ironwood commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Todd.

Thats an amazing collection for an afternoon Brad.

#1 Let down a bit by the mixed lighting but good to have. I have only seen these a couple of times high in the tree-tops.

#2 I think this is a spangled drongo rather than a koel which is often called storm bird. Good pose. Are you able to brighten tge eye a kittle?

#3 Nice shot of a beautiful little bird. The black and yellow make for a difficult exposure

#4 The frame is a bit cluttered but the bird is clear and well separated from the bg

#5 Nice pose, background a bit cluttered but not toomintrusive. The bird's back looks unusually dark.

#6 This is one of my picks here due, I think, to the clean background behind the bird.

#7 and #8 For me #7 is the better pose but a bit cluttered. I can see why focusing was a problem.

The eyes are hard to see on a few of these. are you able to brighten them a little - I thin it would be an improvement.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

I think wigz has nailed the CC Ironwood. I wuldn't be able to offer much more. I did a shadows adjustment on #3 and that blue is stunning. Lovely series overall.
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
            Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Thanks for the comments andCC everyone. I will respond tonight, I'm working today and have limited time.
              Isac, feel free to post your version.
              Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Shadows adjustment shows the beautiful blue chest and brightens up the eye as well.

Name:	fetch.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	460307
                I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
                My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
                Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ironwood
                  Ironwood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree that reducing the shadows make the bird look a lot more spectacular, but without the flash you don’t normally see any of the blue, maybe just a couple of specs at the most (well I don’t anyway, but my eyes aren’t as good as they were )
                  I normally try to represent things as I see them , or at least as I think they should look, but as I said in my reply to Alan, I did cut some corners on this lot so I could post them before I went back to work.
                  Though I do appreciate you showing your version, it’s good to see what others can do.

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for that Ironwood.

Originally posted by HansE View Post
                I am surprised you do this with auto focus. I find the wrong thing in focus to often. Must be something wrong with my technique. I didn't know pigeons came in those colours. Do you get all these birds in your garden?
                I’m afraid I can’t focus as good as the camera, when it’s working as it should. My Tamron 150-600 is a bit of a lemon in the AF department.
                The Wompoo”s are actually a Fruit Dove, very colourful in good light. I have photographed all of the fruit Doves at my place over the last few years, I think there is 4 from memory, would have to check my book, but I am not at home right now.
                Yes we get all these birds and many more visiting or living on our property.
                Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
                  Thats an amazing collection for an afternoon Brad.

#1 Let down a bit by the mixed lighting but good to have. I have only seen these a couple of times high in the tree-tops.

#2 I think this is a spangled drongo rather than a koel which is often called storm bird. Good pose. Are you able to brighten tge eye a kittle?

#3 Nice shot of a beautiful little bird. The black and yellow make for a difficult exposure

#4 The frame is a bit cluttered but the bird is clear and well separated from the bg

#5 Nice pose, background a bit cluttered but not toomintrusive. The bird's back looks unusually dark.

#6 This is one of my picks here due, I think, to the clean background behind the bird.

#7 and #8 For me #7 is the better pose but a bit cluttered. I can see why focusing was a problem.

The eyes are hard to see on a few of these. are you able to brighten them a little - I thin it would be an improvement.
                  Cheers Alan. I’ll try to address all points. I am typing with only my left hand atm. I’ve got a bag of ice on my right bicep, due to hurting it at work this arvo.

#1 these are a regular at my place, they are usually in the shady tree canopy and hard to photograph, this one was an exception. I have to take what I can get with them.
                  #2 you could be right, I would have to check my book when I get home. These have a bright red eye with a black center, unfortunately the flash ruined any hope of truly showing the eye, I tried to make it half presentable,probably didn’t succeed.
                  #3 Thanks. Yes , bit of a contrast with the colours and hard to faithfully represent them.
                  #4 yes not the best bg for sure, i included it because the focus was good.

#5 Agree, the bird could be lightened a bit.

#6 I cropped off a few branches on the left already.

#7 & 8 yes 7 is a bit better but not by much, they both leave a lot to be desired.

The eyes could be improved with a bit of work , but I was pressed for time and posted them with minimal work, otherwise I wouldn’t get back to them for another week.

Thanks for taking the time to critique them.
                  Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
                  X