Male Common Koel,
    AKA "The Stormbird"

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7768.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	458272

Cheers, Brad.

Good shot of a native Australian cuckoo Ironwood. Not seen in Perth and I consider that a good thing because I've heard from my son in Qld that they are awfully noisy critters.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Well done. I would love to get a shot of one of these. There are plenty around here but they always seem to be up in the tops of the highest trees. Their call is not unpleasant but becomes annoying through sheer repetition.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        Good shot of a native Australian cuckoo Ironwood. Not seen in Perth and I consider that a good thing because I've heard from my son in Qld that they are awfully noisy critters.
        Cheers Isac. I can send a couple your way if you like ​​​​​​.
        while our Lorikeets are noisier at the moment, the Storm birds call is more annoying. As Alan says, its the repetitive nature of the call that gets to you.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
          Well done. I would love to get a shot of one of these. There are plenty around here but they always seem to be up in the tops of the highest trees. Their call is not unpleasant but becomes annoying through sheer repetition.
          Thanks Alan. We don’t seem to get many around here. I have noticed this one hanging around the Palms over the last week or so, haven’t spotted a female yet.
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
          X