No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pallid Cuckoo

This afternoon at the Tasmanian Arboretum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cuckoo 4r.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	458092

Sony A7R11 100-400.

Very nice Greg. Good pose, sharp and clean background.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Lovely shot Greg. I agree with Alan’s comments above.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

It's very difficult to fault this one Greg. I agree with all the reasons above. It's not a nit pick but IMHO I'd change the colour of the blue post to something a bit more subdued - and straighten it. Also some noise reduction on the BG. That's it - nothing major, it's a beautiful image.

Name:	image_33337-E.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	458144
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          Now you’ve made it go rusty!.. and they are never straight.

• wigz
          wigz commented
          Editing a comment
          I definitely agree that it's better with the post colour changed. not so worried about the noise or tilt in this case.

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        It's very difficult to fault this one Greg. I agree with all the reasons above. It's not a nit pick but IMHO I'd change the colour of the blue post to something a bit more subdued - and straighten it. Also some noise reduction on the BG. That's it - nothing major, it's a beautiful image.

Name:	image_33337-E.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	458144
        I'll reserve my thoughts on your edit but I will explain the coloured droppers around the Arboretum. (The birds love them to sit on by the way).

The Blue ones mark the position of all our irrigation fittings, taps etc. Below them is a cover where the fittings are found and we are able to mow over the covers or around where they are proud of the ground.

Silver/galvanized ones are used along with the tree guards to keep the wildlife from eating the new growth. Galvanized so they don't go rusty.

Red ones are used all over the park to mark Trig/GPS points so that tree positions can accurately be positioned and documented. Birds and Bird Photographers love them all and are popular spots to catch sitting birds with uncluttered surroundings.

For the purists.. we also have trees with branches that at this time of year are still bare enough to spot a bird sitting in a more natural setting. Of course even those can have coloring on them which may distract from the subject matter at hand.

Name:	Branched r.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	458181

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the explanation of the colours Greg. If you want me to delete my edit, just let me know. I like the bird in the branches BTW. The colours and BG are excellent!

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          No by all means leave your edit as it gives another persons perspective on how the image might be improved. I always welcome CC, but as I’ve said many times before, reserve the right to disagree.. (as everyone should do).

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Greg, 100% happy with that and agree wholeheartedly.
      Working...
      X