No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Azure Pair

This is the first time I have seen 2 Azure Kingfishers perched together, let alone being able to get some photos of them.
    Despite my best efforts the IQ isn't the best, they were in very heavy shadow, so not much ambient light. I didn't want to light them up too much with the flash because past experience has told me their blue feathers blow out badly, so I have ended up underexposing them. I have bought the exposure up in PP, but quite a bit of detail has been lost.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7621.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	458070

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7624.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	458071
    Cheers, Brad.

Shame the conditions weren't more favorable Brad because these are a beautiful bird. Still a good effort to capture two like this.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Great to see!

Comment

Cheers Todd and Greg. I have been wondering if they are a male and female pair. My book doesn’t show a photo of the different sexes, not sure if you can tell them apart.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Fabulous catch Ironwood. They are usually a monogamous pair so you're probably right about "Mr &Mrs". Very hard to tell boy from girl, they're very similar.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
          Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Thanks for that Isac, we’ll say that confirms it.
            This shot was taken from the same vantage point as the Platypus photo.
            Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              It looks like you're surrounded by all the good things that nature can provide.
          Working...
          X