Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelagic and permanent residents at our Estuary.

Red Capped Plover
    Red capped Plover by Joanne, on Flickr

Crested Tern showing the critically endangered Curlew sandpiper why it's not critically endangered and the Curlew is.
    Beach bully by Joanne, on Flickr

Curlew vs Stint
    Estern Curlew vs Stint by Joanne, on Flickr

This is one of 14 ducklings that all survived. Quite a triumph.
    Young Shell duck by Joanne, on Flickr

Another neck breaking osprey flyby.
    Osprey by Joanne, on Flickr

I was just saying I hadn't seen a greenshank around for a while when ... in cahoots with the osprey this one whizzes peep peeping overhead (so glad that was a p at the end).
    Greenshank by Joanne, on Flickr

A very young little black cormorant. You can see shafts of transitional feathers on him/her.
    Cormorant by Joanne, on Flickr

Love holidays! :-)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

That's quite a varied collection Jo. A few comments:

Plover: Nice shot with some action in the raised wings. I would remove the dark strip on the top left border.

Beach Bully: With both birds facing away it's not clear what is happening here. Your description helps but still not much to get a viewer's attention

Curlew and Stint: Nice image. I can never get anywhere near these, so well done. All these waders look the same to me and I can't tell them apart

Duck looks a little blue or maybe it's just the time of day. I like the pose and placement.

Greenshank looks good with good detail. This and the Osprey look as though they might have been difficult angles.

Cormorant: I like the way you have captured the pattern on the back of the wings and also got it to look towards you. Nice shot. The eye colour always fascinates me.

Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      It's an interesting observation and a good illustration so I'm glad you shared it with us. Now if you could just get a similar shot head on :-)

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Well.... working on it, watch this forum.... but doubt I will be as lucky with terns and curlews.

• Alan
      Alan commented
      Editing a comment
      Your comment about this being a Photo Forum first has been on my mind for awhile. The other thread about CC also brings up interesting points.

Your beach bully shows interesting behaviour which is worth sharing, (as in 'show and tell'). The F&P Forum has a separate forum for behaviour shots, but we don't have the member numbers for such a luxury.

Your recent Wren photo set your bar very high Jo

Love your work too

Lovely set to show what's common and not so common. Your bird shots are great to see, can you share what equipment you use?

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Craig. I am using a full frame D800 (I've broken the D7100 crop camera ) and a Nikkor f5/6 200-500 mm lens.

Wonderful collection Jo
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Barb.

A nice variety

First and last photos for me
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers Alan.

nice and varied collection here. agree with wigs comments on this re the dark bit, probably a bit more head turn towards the camera would have lifted it.
    2nd shot doesnt do it for me, not withstanding your commentary
    waders looks like you did well in flat light too. good work
    low angle on the duck is good, again light not looking too kind for you
    next too the angles not doing any favours to you.
    cormy is my favourite of these shots. nice light and the bird is engaging the camera well. reckon it would be worth removing the other pole lower left. would prevent the viewers eye running out of the frame too. good work on this one.

Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Stephen. Your critical feedback is very much appreciated.
      I wonder if I had cropped the picture of the fleeing sandpiper closer, weather it would have more impact.

I just like your work Phoenix.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      I just like your kind comment :-)
Working...
X