• Show
Clear All

• King Parrot

A recent visitor

D90 300mm x1.7TC Tripod f/6.7 1/160 1600 ISO

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Beautiful images of a beautiful bird. The flowers in the background are a bit of a distraction in #1, less so in #2, but a minor issue overall.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Both lovely photos Alan. Striking colours on the bird. I'm sort of agree with wigz but by having such a good bokeh it's not a biggy. You do have some beautiful birds sneaking into your back yard - I'm rather envious.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

I really liked the proteas in the background.... the colours on that King Parrot are so bold and the bold yellow and greens add to the impact in the photo overall IMHO. Although I am sure most bird photo aficionados would disagree with me and side with Wigz and Isac.
        Sure gives me a lesson in how to take a photo of a King Parrot. :-)
        Have I seen that perch before??
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

Beautiful capture Alan
          Barb
          "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm a bit partial to the bold colour combinations too Jo.

I'm just pondering how I managed to get the reds so different in the two photos.

I think I reduced the saturation of Magentas and Blues in the first photo, as evidenced by the lack of colour cast in the branch and claws, as compared to #2, and I think the orangey/red is more accurate in #1

here is a re-edit (as Greg says - "It's the little things")

Click image for larger version

Name:	King Parrot CU 2 re-edit PH.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	432240
            Last edited by Alan; 30-09-2016, 05:42 PM.
            Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

plenty of details in these and nice light but I also think the yellow flowers are a distraction. you would have to be happy with these though
              Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Alan
                Alan commented
                Editing a comment
                The flowers will have died soon Stephen - or I will have moved/replaced the branch.

This bird is so tame - someone else must be feeding it, (I only put seed out very occasionally - usually when the weather is a bit inclement)

is all good Alan. just being picky. would be happy to get kings to cooperate around here
              Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
              X