No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Kingfishers

I went for a walk out to the front gate this afternoon, spotted a couple of Forest Kingfishers on the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7722.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	424189

Name:	DSC_7769.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	424190

Name:	DSC_7789.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	424191
    Cheers, Brad.

Beautiful birds! I've not been lucky enough to photograph one yet.

Comment

They certainly are beautiful Greg. We have the Azure Kingfisher hanging around as well, they are both hard to get close to, had to stalk these ones.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

#3 for me (keeping it simple). Whites look good.

How lovely to have them on your property
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Cheers Alan. Yes, I like #3 as well, I got a few shots from that position and was slowly inching closer, while I had the camera down from my eye, the bird turned its back on me, spread its wings and took flight, the colour display was amazing, I regret not having the camera at the ready to capture that moment.......
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Last one for me too Ironwood. They do look beautiful and I have never seen one before. It's rather spooky though - I have a very similar shot but with a welcome swallow siting on top of a 3-star picket.
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
            Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Cheers Isac. #3 seems to be the common choice .
              Have you posted that particular photo before Isac ? I seem to remember seeing a similar photo somewhere a few months ago.
              I also took a similar looking photo of one of these same birds a couple of years ago, sitting on a star picket, but that one had a run of barbed wire at the bottom of the frame. The previous one didn't have the bird in as sharp a focus as this one though, but it was still a nice image.
              Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Thanks Ironwood. I posted it in a series way back "More from the Lake".
                I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
                My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
                Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ironwood
                  Ironwood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some nice shots there Isac

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Ironwood.

Originally posted by Ironwood View Post
                I also took a similar looking photo of one of these same birds a couple of years ago, sitting on a star picket, but that one had a run of barbed wire at the bottom of the frame. The previous one didn't have the bird in as sharp a focus as this one though, but it was still a nice image.
                Well, I had a look through my older Kingfisher photos. Seems my memory is getting worse .

The photo with the bird on the star picket didn't have barbed wire, but just plain single strand , could be off the same fenceline though .

Name:	DSC_1632.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	424324

The one with the barbed wire didn't have a star picket at all, just a Rosewood post .

Name:	DSC_1613.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	424325
                Cheers, Brad.

Comment

#3 is pretty good Brad. (where's the thumbs up thing?)
                  They will regularly revisit the same perches. Do you have the time to wait?

Two days ago I got the Sigma 150-600 Sports. What is the 150-600 you are using?

Comment

Cheers Mark, thanks for that.
                    At the moment I don't have the time to sit and wait, when I get the chance I do a 30 minute loop of my property, sometimes I get lucky.
                    I have the Tamron 150-600, I'm afraid I get mixed results, as its usually later in the afternoon when I get home, we live in a valley, so I am trying to get shots in low light.
                    I am envious of your Sigma Sport, if I could get a descent price for my Tamron, I would consider trading up. I know a guy who has a new Nikon D500 and Sigma 150-600 sport, awesome combination. He has been getting some very good shots even in low light, that I can only dream of.
                    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Terrific shots Brad
                      Barb
                      "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Great images Brad.
                        The last one with the blank/brown background is a ripper. Really makes the blue of the bird stand out!!
                        D7100, SB700. PS CS5, LR 4.4 - Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Barb and Scott
                          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
                          X