All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-banded Plover

Charadrius bicinctus. Moruya Heads.

Spotted a flock of these on the morning walk and returned with the DSLR and tripod. I couldn't get too close to them so these are cropped a bit. D7000 300mm x1.7TC

f/7.1 1/1000 200 ISO

f/7.1 1/400 125 ISO
    Last edited by Alan; 07-05-2016, 01:56 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

These are great the sharpness is mind boggling. Alan TFS. What Dial setting do you have you camera on. and are you using a tripod. Although your probably young enough to still have steady hands.
    If you wish to Learn first learn silence.
    Cheers Pete.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/128884981@N07/

Comment

Thanks Pete - they would be sharper if I hadn't had to crop them - the Nikon 300mm f/4 is an amazing lens. These are about 1/4 size of the original file. I tried to keep the ISO low as I knew I'd have to crop.

I set the camera to Aperture Priority for birds and select f/7.1 as that seems to give good results - the rest of the settings are in the original post above (where I did mention the use of a tripod . I'm too old to even contemplate hand holding the camera/lens with the TC attached - it's heavy)

Cheers
      Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Pete
        Pete commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers mate, I should have read it a little slower.

That's a lovely find.
      I've not been a fan of teleconverters, perhaps trying a bit much on too long a lens.
      You can see every grain of sand in yours.
      Like the soft beach feel with the light in one, but the second image nicer colour clarity and details imho.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
      Haven't been there, not done that.
      Jo

Comment

#2 for me Alan - nice and sharp and lovely mellow colours. Image has a beautiful DOF.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

I love #2. My favorite of the two.The minimalist look, the bird looking so relaxed and gazing into the camera. A terrific study/portrait.
          Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Thanks - Yes, #2 is my favourite - it's also the one that required the least cropping - keeping it simple
            Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Thanks Charles - we must have pressed 'Post' at the same time - (this is getting a bit freaky ..)
              Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X