No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satin Flycatcher

I went for a walk along my creekbank this afternoon.
    This male Satin Flycatcher was darting about on the other side of the creek catching insects, his blue-black feathers flashing in the shafts of sunlight.
    I spotted 2 Azure Kingfishers in a tree to my right, I stopped and waited for them to move into the open, meanwhile the Flycatcher landed on a branch about 5 meters to my right.
    I had to clamp my knees around a tree trunk and lean out over the dropoff to try and get a clear shot between the branches and vines, it was in shade so my iso was at my upper limit (3200), I also had to lower the shutter speed down to 1/320th while handholding the Tamron @600mm.
    Not ideal, but I'll take what I can get.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2956.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	413324

Name:	DSC_2958.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	413325

Name:	DSC_2959.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	413326

Name:	DSC_2961.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	413327

Name:	DSC_2962.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	413328

Cheers, Brad.

Brilliant images under the conditions! That's a slow SS for a twitchy little bird, well done and thanks for sharing.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thanks LC. I would have loved to have been shooting in some good light, but it seems to be normal at my place to be shooting in the shade, so I do what I gotta do to try and get a useable shot. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't, I can pick plenty of faults with these photos, but they are what they are
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

What Mick said and I don't think there's much to criticize with any of these shots - well done!
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Excellent shots of this cute little thing. Mind you he looks a real grump in #2.

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
            Excellent shots of this cute little thing. Mind you he looks a real grump in #2.
            Thanks PP. Your right, he doesn't look like he appreciates getting his photo taken.
            Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
            X