No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wompoo

We are lucky to live in a place where these beautiful birds come to visit, actually they live in the rainforest along the creek that borders our property.
    They are difficult to get a good photo because they are always in the shady treetops.
    While I was having a cup of coffee on the verandah, I noticed 3 of them in the trees at the end of the verandah, luckily this one was sitting on a branch that wasn't totally shaded.

I ended up getting a bit frustrated trying to tame down the background, I ended up settling for these.

Wompoo Pigeon....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2736.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	413152

Name:	DSC_2737.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	413153

Name:	DSC_2745.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	413154

Name:	DSC_2750.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	413155
    Cheers, Brad.

You are very lucky

I've also been lucky to have had the luxury of being able to photograph a nice selection of birds from my verandahs, (sometimes with a glass of wine in hand )

I see what you mean about the B/G. I had a bit of a play - hope you don't mind

If you were really keen you could introduce reflectors and a couple of 'off camera' flash units.

Or you could just continue to enjoy their visitations while sipping you coffee - a lot less stressful after a day at work.

Thanks for sharing

Name:	Pigeon edit.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	413159
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I like your version Alan, and I don't mind at all, it lets me know that I can do better. Sooner or later I will buckle and get Adobe CC, at the moment I don't have time to learn to use it, so I am persevering with Apple aperture. You got it right about relaxing on the verandah and waiting for the opportunity to get a shot, that suits me. I love my coffee, and I don't mind enjoying a beer on the verandah once all the work is done, trouble is the work seems to be endless.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

What a gorgeous bird with such stunning colours and some good captures of it, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Ironwood
          Ironwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks PPlates. Yes they are a beautiful bird. When we first moved here and we're catching glimpses of these birds with the colours of a parrot and the shape of a pigeon, we couldn't work out what they were, it forced me to buy a bird ID book.

Definitely #3 for me. Great colours and captures Ironwood. Just a heads up if you're posting multiple images, give them a number so we can refer to it when we want to give some CC or Praise.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

• Ironwood
          Ironwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers Isac. Good point about the numbers, I will do that in future.

I do think one should try and photograph birds against a lovely blue sky. Tsk-tsk.

Name:	ironwood-wompoo-E.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	532.5 KB
ID:	413190
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
        Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
          I do think one should try and photograph birds against a lovely blue sky. Tsk-tsk.
          Nicely done Isac. I keep telling them to move to a better spot for me to get their photo, but the rotten things just won't listen
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
          X