No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Birds

I got home from work a bit earlier than normal today, so quickly went for a walkaround before I started my chores .
    It was a bit overcast so my iso is a bit higher than I would have liked. I gave them a bit of a cleanup with Dfine, far from perfect, but will have to do for now.

Black Faced Monarch.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2644.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	413140

Torres Strait Pigeon.

Name:	DSC_2701.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	413141

Male Figbird.

Name:	DSC_2675.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	413142

Cheers, Brad.

You do have a wonderful selection of birds where you live (wherever that is)

Maybe the Monarch could stand/benefit from a tighter crop?

Cheers
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

It seems there are plenty of birds around at the moment, the last few months have not been so good. A tighter crop would probably look better, but the IQ would show its shortcomings I'm afraid.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

A lovely selection and some I've never seen before. Particularly like the curious pose in #1.

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
          A lovely selection and some I've never seen before. Particularly like the curious pose in #1.
          Cheers PPlates. The monarch is the first one I have photographed, I had a few other shots that I thought were going to be great, but when I put them up on the big screen they didn't look so good, bit disappointing but thats how it goes.
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

I have not seen any of these creatures before so thanks for posting. You shouldn't be too critical about your work. Birds are always on the move, NEVER position themselves in a perfect spot, have no posing or modelling credentials and (most annoyingly) never seem to care about THE LIGHT. In other words, they have complete disregard for any human who is carting a camera around with them. After all that, in today's high tech world, cameras do a very good job of compensating for a birds lack of consideration about the environment it chooses to land in, time of day, and the lighting situation. I've never once heard a bird say after landing on a very nice branch "do I look good in these feathers?". I think you have done a remarkable job with the subjects you are photographing and your limited editing prowess. Good-on-ya and keep posting your delightful photos of birds in their natural surroundings.
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
            Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Cheers Isac. I try to explain to them how much my camera and lens cost, but they just don't seem to care
              Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Really nice I don't have much joy in capturing birds they seem to know that I'm around Bill

Comment

Working...
                X