Clear All

• Zebra Finch

Caught the male and his bride together

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zebra Finch.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	406794

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

That's a beautiful little bird. I've never seen them in the wild but are common caged birds.

I think you would do well to crop the male out, as the bride's not helping the image much. Well caught as I imagine they are as flighty as the finches we do get here!

Comment

Great shot, the male is so sharp and colours are beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
        That's a beautiful little bird. I've never seen them in the wild but are common caged birds.

I think you would do well to crop the male out, as the bride's not helping the image much. Well caught as I imagine they are as flighty as the finches we do get here!
        Thanks Greg, taken at our local 'Botanical Gardens'...that's a man made lake, dirt bank and grass in the background.
        I did keep one with just him as well...they were flighty but I enjoyed the walk chasing after them...

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
        Great shot, the male is so sharp and colours are beautiful.
        Thanks Glenda, I'm slowly getting better at that sharpening technique....

CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Very nice . Eye contact, eye level, nice light and lovely background/composition all come together

Square crop of just the male would work - but I like what you have done here with the inclusion of 'the bride'
          Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by caralan View Post
            Very nice . Eye contact, eye level, nice light and lovely background/composition all come together

Square crop of just the male would work - but I like what you have done here with the inclusion of 'the bride'
            Thanks Alan, they're cute little suckers and I was happy he stopped there for a second or two...
            I agree about the crop...I've kept a copy of both in the 'Shoe Box' to look at down the track.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X