No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat with a Cormorant

Cormorant: What did you think of the landing?
    Me: Pretty cool and very smooth.

Cormorant: Do you want me to do the "look back over my shoulder" to show off my lovely green eye?
    Me: Yeah, why not try that - it works for other birds so I can't see why it won't work for you.

Cormorant: I think if I spread my wings right out it will show how gorgeous my feather patterns are, don't you?
    Me: Ah, hold it there - that's a nice pose and your feathers look fabulous.

Here's my card. I'll send you a link so you can view the photos online. Now off you go and catch something to eat.

I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

nice details in these. light probably a tad harsh but overall you have to be happy with these. all feel a tad tight in the frame imho, particularly the 2nd. composition wise, some more room around them would give em room to breathe. a looser crop or adding some canvas if you have no other options available. good job.
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the wise words re framing Stephen. As far as the light goes, I had to grab what I could - when I could, but duly noted.

Gorgeous - both the shots and commentary. As Stephen said the light is a bit harsh with the highlights but still showing lovely detail in those glossy feathers and have to love that green eye. Once they stop to dry their wings I find the cormorants and darters seem like they would have to feel really threatened before they move.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks P Plates. This guy just flew straight at me while I was at the river's edge and perched on the log sticking out of the water. He was pretty close and it didn't seem to bother him that I was clicking away like crazy. I think the SX-50 does a good job for the cost. Typical of Canon though. They've just released the SX-60 which has 65x optical zoom and 130x zoomplus, equivalent to 21mm - 1265mm !
Working...
X