No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle ID please

this is an older pic of an eagle I have seen a few times but have never managed to get a good shot of. Is it a juvenile Wedgetail or White Breasted SE ? I'm leaning more toward the latter but I cant rule out a Wedgetail as I have seen some of them about also but dont know what the younger birds look like. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Young eagle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	381.0 KB
ID:	339476
    Canon 7D , 60D

Juvi Sea Eagle. Nice catch.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

+1 for young sea eagle.
      Beautiful raptor.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
      Haven't been there, not done that.
      Jo

Comment

great catch!!

Comment

Where did you take it? It is a great shot.
          Kathie M Thomas,
          I'm a Nikon girl
          Web Flickr

Comment

Nice shot Skidlid you have managed to catch all the juvenile colouring really well.
            Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
            Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Thankyou all for the kind comments and the ID. A rather motley looking assortment of colours, but still a majestic sight in real life all the same.

Kathie, this was taken at Lake Wollumboola / Culburra Beach area NSW. There seems to be quite a few around the area but alas I am yet to get close enough for that "perfect shot" ( ideas on perfect shot may vary ). Sometimes I see them off in the distance perched on a dead branch or something and by the time I get there they fly away to my previous location! I swear they play games with me
              Canon 7D , 60D

Comment

Thanks for that. I'm a keen bird photographer so always like to know where photos were taken, just in case I can get lucky too! But I'm in Vic so no chance of that. And yes, ideas on the perfect shot do vary. What you have above is pretty good!
                Kathie M Thomas,
                I'm a Nikon girl
                Web Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X