No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WN Heron for Alan

I have a touch of the Capt Ahabs about me, I know, in my search for the great White Necked Heron. (Capt Ahab is from "Moby Dick", and the book is about his destructive obsession and monomania regarding Moby Dick, the whale. I draw the line at anthropomorphism though.)

Anyway, I finally managed to outsmart him, a bit. He took off from the pond as soon as he saw me (as usual), but made the mistake of just going around the corner up into some nearby trees. I was able to approach, while he looked down at me with that smug heron look on his face.

So this is for you Alan, who recently tried to photograph a heron only to see it take off, and had to be content with posting a brilliant seagull image. Beats the crap out of black snakes, I can tell you. Forgive the rather busy backgrounds. Better backgrounds come later.

Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Thanks Charles. Glad you got a few pics of one of these. I've only managed one busy photo.

Good luck in your noble quest

Cheers
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Congratulaions Charles, it's not easy to outwit a bird, I suspect it's because they have a whole lot more to lose when they are snuck up on.
      Definately a smug looking heron and deserves to be named and shamed.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
      Haven't been there, not done that.
      Jo

Comment

Nice set of photos Charles. I wish I could make my neck lengthen like it can.

Comment

glad you got to get pix, might have to get to the pond before him and hide a bit, teach him some respect.
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
          X