No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azure Kingfisher without supper

I managed another shot on the same day, I think this may have been the mate.

He was on the boat mooring hence the rope.

5dmk11 300f2.8 100@f2.8 ISO 200 Hand held on a slow boat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Azure kingfisher, without supper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	336537
    Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
    Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

That's nice, really pretty birds and I love the background in this. I'm certainly no expert on bird photography but f2.8 gives you such a narrow DOF would you be better with a smaller aperture to give better definition to the feathers?

Comment

Yes from what I know now I would have been better off opening up the ISO and using a smaller aperture would have been much better. I forget why I use ISO 200 the camera would certainly have sustained a higher figure. Thanks for your input.
      Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
      Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Almost! Just a little blurred but not too shabby. Another round of selective sharpening might lift this one a notch.

A beautiful bird and very difficult to get close enough too for capture.

I've only had one chance in five years and I blew it.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

worth using faster shutter speed if you can, upping the iso would have let you stop down a tad and or use a faster one.
          is worth remembering a rule of thumb of using one over the focal length as the minimum shutter speed you use,
          in this case 1/300th.
          with any guideline though you can always go slower with good support etc
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
          X