this one just raided the bird feeder and decided to sit on the fence to eat

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#
    canon 60d canon two kit lens plus 50mm tamron 70 to 300 manfrotto tripod
    http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/rojam1000/

#2 appeals the most mainly because in all the others the tail is chopped off. Sometimes that can't be helped but it's a good idea to avoid when possible.

More room above the bird's crest in #2 would make a big difference though as it's very close to the frame edge.

The exif data indicates an aperture of f/5.6 was used and I'm thinking f/8 or smaller would have given more depth of field and the entire crest would be in focus. It looks like there is enough separation between the bird and background to allow for the smaller aperture to be used and still maintain the attractive blurred background.

Some of the whites are overcooked but the histogram looks pretty good so they could probably be recovered in post processing and would be well worth the effort as the image has a lot going for it.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

agree with micks comments on these.

set yourself a tough job in the harsh light
      Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

You've got some really nice character caught in these shots. Loving the dreadlock look in image two and the dance action in three.
        I agree about the birds tail. I'm guessing that you are putting the birds eye at the centre of your shot and this might be the reason. I'm new to doing bird photo's and mine were a lot like this too.
        I find white birds hard to take good photo's of, some of your images you managed to show nice definition of those white feathers.
        Happy birding and happy new year.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

Working...
        X