No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kookaburras and Butcher Birds

Vacationing at my brothers place in South east Queensland (Cooroy) and taking advantage of the photo opportunities there.

Call me Col
    Canon 7D Mk2 and 5D Mk2, 100-400 LIS, 24-105 L IS, 75-200 L IS, 17-40 L, 28-135 USM, 60mm Macro, 100mm Macro, 65mm MPE Macro

You had some challenging subjects, the kookaburra looks like it was moving in fast and black and white biirds are difficult to photograph in my opinion.

I do like the beautiful colours and markings in th kookaburra's open tail and the curious expression on the magpie is sweet.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Comment

Agree with Jo, you set yourself quite a task here. Capturing a kooka in flight is never going to be easy and you need some serious shutter speed, probably around 1/1600 as a starting point.

Keep them coming.
      -----------------------------------------------------
      Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

did well capturing a kooka in flight.

little bit more head turn towards the camera with the closer shots will make a big difference to them
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Been busy and got another couple. You are right, I must have taken 300 frames to get these few, and the shutter speeds are a bit of a contract.

Call me Col
          Canon 7D Mk2 and 5D Mk2, 100-400 LIS, 24-105 L IS, 75-200 L IS, 17-40 L, 28-135 USM, 60mm Macro, 100mm Macro, 65mm MPE Macro

Comment

I know that would be ideal, but I will either have to have a meaningful discussion with the birds, or to attempt to re-position myself to get that effect.

I think I will take the re-position option, it will be easier.
            It shouldn't be hard, the birds are becoming increasingly "easier" with my presence, in fact, they have been almost eating out of my hand over the past 2 days. One bird in particular, one of the youngsters, is showing signs of adoption of a "sponsor"
            Call me Col

Comment

Working...
            X