Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly trippy musical zoom.

Inspired by Alan's (Caralan) Tree Zoom images I thought I'd have a play with the zoom technique at a gig.

Results were, ummm...interesting. I'm keen to hear your thoughts.

I'm thinking I need to hold the lens still for a bit to get some sharp focus before I zoom the lens as they are all a little blurry. The first image could have been a ripper if the guitarist had a head...lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0506.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	324624

Name:	IMG_0463_filtered.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	324625

Name:	IMG_0538_filtered.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	324626
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Hey, thanks Mick for thinking of me - glad you thought the technique was worth a try - it certainly adds some energy to the shots - the guitar strings are amazing - like music spraying from the instrument - cool

#2 is explosive (whites are a bit intense and in your face, but it's rock and roll hey)

I've never tried it at low light, but you could be right about giving it a bit of stationary exposure before zooming - you'd probably have enough time to do it with the low light levels involved?

It's pretty hit and miss - take lots
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I love your tree zoom shot Alan and these are ok for a first attempt I reckon. So thanks for the inspiration and for stopping by and commenting.

Low light gives the option of an exposure of about one second so I'm keen to play around with this a lot more. I tried holding dead still for maybe half the exposure then pull back really fast and then hold again. Lots of total disasters but the potential is there.

You are right, it's very hit and miss but I think with practice I might snag a couple of good ones now and again. I don't think these will make it onto the CD cover though,lol.

Comment

Whoa, flashbacks to the 70's hahaha. Not bad Mick, the third is my pick, to me that is the one that shows what you set out to achieve best. The left hand doing a riff adds to the image and instantly you associate the shot with lightning fast hand movements blasting out loud rock 'n' roll.
        Lloyd
        Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
        Flickr
        Smugmug

Comment

Shades of Yahoo Serious.....Young Einstein....love it.
          Mike
          "Each of us has their own calling"

Comment

Originally posted by LJG View Post
            Whoa, flashbacks to the 70's hahaha. Not bad Mick, the third is my pick, to me that is the one that shows what you set out to achieve best. The left hand doing a riff adds to the image and instantly you associate the shot with lightning fast hand movements blasting out loud rock 'n' roll.
            Thanks Lloyd, had a lot of fun playing around with these and hopefully better to come later. Very 70's indeed lol. Groovy man!

Originally posted by Mikey054 View Post
            Shades of Yahoo Serious.....Young Einstein....love it.
            Mike
            Thanks Mike, Ha, if I get some good shots they might be worth printing onto t-shirts...still plenty of hippies out there!

Comment

Working...
            X