Name:	Pond 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	459158

Good composition of lovely scene
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Peaceful looking place to hang out Greg. All the colours seem to blend in to one and other which doesn't give me something to grab my attention.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
      Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        Peaceful looking place to hang out Greg. All the colours seem to blend in to one and other which doesn't give me something to grab my attention.
        Not really sure what you mean, I processed it in a way to overcome the harshness of a midday shot basically to soften and give it a little tone.

It is a peaceful place at the moment as there is very little water coming down what is normally a pretty busy river. The pond is normally a part of the flow which is controlled by a hydro scheme. I’m standing on a weir which would normally be underwater and a few years back some canoeists lost their lives there. I’ll follow up with a shot of the river in full flow.

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I was just saying that the colours are all much the same - greens and browns and not a lot of contrast to make some of the elements stand out. Sad to hear people have died there - never a good thing. Look forward to your shots of the full flowing river when it comes.

The calm water on the right of this picture is the pond in the last image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	weir r.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	459212

Comment

Working...
        X