Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night

In Moruya - the Gold Coast it is not ...

and for that I am eternally grateful

(the best Pizza Place is just to my left, Anna and Sam's - http://pizzamoruya.com.au/)

Last edited by Alan; 20-11-2016, 06:22 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

You have traffic lights

I have to drive about 1500km to find a set

We have lousy pizza though
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

The most useless things in the town - you can see how busy it is. We have 3 cross roads on the main street/highway, but only one has traffic lights - thank heavens

At Christmas/Easter, when all of Canberra comes to the coast and tries to drive through our town, (the main street is the highway) the powers that be don't alter the timing of the lights - so this cross road gets equal time as the highway and the cars on the highway back up for about 8kms on both sides - every year!

I did read somewhere that they might experiment with keeping the lights always green over the holiday period, (there is an easy way to avoid going through them altogether, by using roundabouts, which the locals know and which could be signposted for others, doh)

Sorry, rant over. I'm not a fan of Christmas (or traffic lights).
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I'm not a fan of Xmas either but Broome empties out over the "festive" season so not too bad.

I go camping at Xmas and get smashed by huge thunderstorms every year without fail. It's kinda fun...but not really Nearly been trapped a couple of times when the tracks out have turned to rivers so it can get scary.

Hard to believe the traffic lights are not re-programmed for times of heavy traffic. Sheesh.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Working...
        X