Clear All

• Waratah

Click image for larger version

Name:	Waratah.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	433074

Sony A6000 Zeiss 55mm Colour Efex.

I like the composition with the placement of the three flowers but has a bit too much contrast for my taste. Cropping a bit from the bottom might make a stronger image.

I use Color Efex quite often - it does a good job. I particularly Tonal Contrast.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Sorry Greg, doesn't quite work for me either .... too 'colourful' and the 'other part' of the Waratah on the right hand side is bothersome.
      Barb
      "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
        Sorry Greg, doesn't quite work for me either .... too 'colourful' and the 'other part' of the Waratah on the right hand side is bothersome.

Take two.

Name:	Waratah.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	433226

Comment

I had a play Greg ...

Name:	image_29726.1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	598.9 KB
ID:	433254
          Barb
          "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

• seaslug
            seaslug commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for going to the trouble, but it looks a little too 'muddy' now.

I was going for contrasting colours and highlighted reds. It's growing in my backyard and I don't have too many options as to the background. The other direction is a corrugated iron fence.

• Sully
            Sully commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely now too muddy for the effect you were after ... the yellow texture made sure of that :/
            Not sure what tools you have available to play with Greg.
            The background bush is very 'heavy' and very busy, and competes too much with the Waratah.
        Working...
        X