Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Vision

Those of you who get the online Photo Magazine, F/11, may have read the article 'Negative Vision', and those who don't subscribe to the free magazine may want to take a look.

http://www.f11magazine.com/current.html Page 69

Hennric Jokeit works in the 'Negative Space'. Philip Ursprung wrote eloquently of Jokeit's work..

"His decision to use negative images challenges our way of looking and perceiving. The images he produces cannot be grasped within a split second. They require time for our eyes and brain to adept to the negative image, step, by step. Confronted with the negative depictions, we are invited to concentrate on the specificity and singularity of each image. It also allows us to focus more clearly on issues such as composition and formal arrangement.." open the article to read more if you are interested. The whole magazine is always worth a humbling read.

This is something I'd never thought of, so I decided to have a play, and found it was a lot harder than it appears to get anything worthwhile - no surprises there

If you also decide to experiment/learn something new, feel free to add to my attempts

All of these have been posted in the 'Positive' on this Forum before
    Last edited by Alan; 01-06-2016, 06:21 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

It does seem challenging and I think I'll give it a go. Your work above is very inspiring and should give our members something to chew on for a while (for those with teeth!)
    BTW, #2 and #4 for me.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Comment

The bamboo is my favorite love the texture. Hang that on the wall in a flash.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Thanks you two
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
        X