X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Forest

After burn off.

A sobering image Greg.

I hope your forests recover from the burn.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironwood View Post
      A sobering image Greg.

I hope your forests recover from the burn.
      This was very much a controlled burn off to rid the under-story of litter and trash. It was done quite well in strips to minimize the affect on wildlife but of course it's impossible not to have some affect. I guess that needs to be weighed up against what would happen should an uncontrolled fire take hold. The fallen trees are more the outcome of the very strong winds we've experienced over the last couple of weeks.

The damage from the huge fires in Tasmanian wilderness areas over the recent summer may never fully recover and that's very sad, however I'm a great believer in Nature having the last say. It may never be the same again, but it will regrow and life goes on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burned trees.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	847.4 KB
ID:	423233

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stumped.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	955.8 KB
ID:	423234

Comment

#1 and #3 are quite powerful images Greg, and even though you know the trees will recover, you do have to wonder about the effect on the wildlife
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          #1 and #3 are quite powerful images Greg, and even though you know the trees will recover, you do have to wonder about the effect on the wildlife

It obviously must have an effect, but I guess a controlled burn is better than an uncontrolled burn.

Comment

Yep all good.
            If you wish to Learn first learn silence.
            Cheers Pete.
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/128884981@N07/

Comment

Working...
            X