Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Desert

Couple of images from my time in the Gibson Desert, both feature the magnificent desert oak trees which dominate large areas of the Gibson.

Have decided to process most of my desert images in b&w, just seems to suit imo .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2144j.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	411101
    Camera
    Canon EOS 7D

Focal Length
    70mm

Aperture
    f/4

Exposure
    1/1600s

ISO

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2077j.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	411102
    Camera
    Canon EOS 7D

Focal Length
    106mm

Aperture
    f/8

Exposure
    1/400s

ISO

-----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Nice leading line of the road into the sun in #1 and I can feel the shake those corrugations would cause. Wouldn't pick #2 for the desert and I like the light and shade across the grass. The delicate outer leaves of the trees give it a painterly feel.

Comment

Hope you show some colours too.. These, while I do like the images, particularly #2, could be anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
        Nice leading line of the road into the sun in #1 and I can feel the shake those corrugations would cause. Wouldn't pick #2 for the desert and I like the light and shade across the grass. The delicate outer leaves of the trees give it a painterly feel.
        The corrugations were endless Gabby, thousands of kilometres of them making driving quite tiring at times.

Very few of the images from the trip have a desert feel to them. Most of our deserts are deserts in name only and I was amazed at the vegetation almost everywhere I went. The country around Broome and especially south of Broome in the Pilbara region is far more barren and desolate than almost anything I saw in the inland "deserts". Some areas of course are incredibly barren but certainly only a minority.

At times I felt I could have been in rural Victoria, I could drive all day and not be able to see more than a couple of metres into the bush, if that; it was quite astonishing really.

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
        Hope you show some colours too.. These, while I do like the images, particularly #2, could be anywhere.

Yeah, I'll throw a few colour pics up Greg but I'm doing about 50/50 at present. Images of true desert landscape are hard to come by lol. Simpson desert and the Stony desert spring to mind but most of the inland is quite well vegetated, the scratch marks down the side of my vehicle are proof of that. A drive from Broome to Port Hedland 600km to the south crosses country more desolate than about 80% of the country I travelled.

Incredibly harsh terrain and intimidating at times to traverse but not what I was expecting with regard to photography.

Comment

Interesting, not what I was expecting either. Nice, but I think I'd prefer colour - hard to say without seeing the originals.

Those corrugations would get me down after awhile
          Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Cheers Alan, I might have another crack at these later.

Comment

Working...
            X