Clear All

• Over and under

Waterfall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Running water.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	395320

Maybe a milky look? (Just having a play)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Little milky waterfall.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	395499

Comment

I prefer #1 - probably because of the yellowish look in #2.

Comment

• seaslug
        seaslug commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply Gabby. I do appreciate the time you take on this forum to share your thoughts.
        It was a fun vertical panorama taken with my little waterproof compact. A stitch of 3 images one of which was underwater. Thought it might generate a bit more comment for being different. It didn't, so I had a play with the blur filter to see if I could reproduce the look of a slow shutter.

I think the trouble here is that some people confuse enthusiasm and pride with inflated ego. Great way to lose good people!

I am one of those who looked and didn't comment ..... the problem for me was I could not see the whole image on the screen .... I had to scroll quite a bit, which meant I could only see parts of your image at a time .....

Not really sure what you mean "some people confuse enthusiasm and pride with inflated ego" ....
      Barb
      "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

• seaslug
        seaslug commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the comment Barb. Unfortunately vertical panos are like that, but I don't believe we should not post anything other than landscape formats. Everything is fair game for me to try.

My reference to enthusiasm and ego is something that has bothered me for a while. I've always tried to maintain a consistant number of posts and during a very quiet period there was only a handful of us regulars keeping the forum operating.

I look at how many views a post gets and relate that to comments. If I see that something I've put up has had very few views and posts which came later under the same topic had many more, I assume my post has either been missed or 'buried' under others. In this case I've bumped my post back up the list.

For this I got a kick in the guts by another member accusing me of just feeding my ego! (The same member I encouraged back when he spat the dummy over something else).

It appears from the amount of support I get on this forum now that my use by date has expired and I'm left pretty dissappointed with what I considered a
        valuable friendship. I have a pretty thick skin and if anyone has taken anything I've said in comments or replies in the past personally it was not meant to be that way.

My pride is intact, but my enthusiasm has taken a dive.
    Working...
    X