Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom, Zoom..

Flowers Zoomed at slow shutter speed (1/3 -1/2 sec), with the 70-210mm (handheld)

Last edited by Alan; 06-05-2014, 03:39 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Thanks Alan...something else I can play with over the winter months.
    ​They look good by the way

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

I was expecting a Mazda. Doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid.
      Terry
      An Olympus E620 user

Comment

Hmmmmm Alan -

I think that you've got your finger on the wrong button mate ... the Fn button isn't the one you usually use to alter the focus .. or maybe it's simply one of those damn cold mornings and you have the shimmy-shake-wobbles

And - yes, I like 'em as they mirror many of my fun shots, esp at night when I remove said camera off the tripod and have a wave & wander around the scenery during a 2-3-4 second exposure

Well done
        Phil

Comment

Thanks for dropping by - each to their own when it comes to stuff like this

Just waving the camera around is maybe something that maybe should be encouraged now and then - rules are meant to be broken/bent

'Sharpness is a bourgeois concept.` Henri Cartier-Bresson
          Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Some people just don't have an appreciation for modern art. May I point out that Jackson Pollock's "No 5, 1948" sold in 2006 for $140,000,000. Inflation adjusted insurance value today of $151m.

I think your work Alan shares an artistic ancestry with this and similar abstract expressionist work. I wouldn't be handing out much change from $20m if I was you.

I feel your work is certainly powerful, and although I feel drawn in by a strong narrative factor, I am nevertheless denied a final denouement, and so I am left feeling uneasy and perplexed.

It's good that you refuse to be trapped in a recogniszable style, but nevertheless the strong physicality of gesture which can tend to dominate (and perhaps limit) the work of other artists with similar stylistic sensibilities, your work shows a trend toward a more tangible and delicately controlled ouvre, adding a softness, sublelty and more meaning, I think.

I think also that you are well on the way to an exploration of your feelings and perceptions in greater detail and thus you will soon arrive at a more satisfying understanding of your own unique place in the artistic world.

Keep up the good work. Don't forget your friends when you are famous.
            Last edited by sejac; 07-05-2014, 12:18 PM.
            Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Say what?

Sounds good Charles. When I "arrive at a more satisfying understanding of my own unique place in the artistic world" I'll certainly give you a call - I'll need a good publicist
              Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I think I agree with everything Charles said.....especially the bit about not forgetting friends when the cheques start rolling in, mate, old buddy, pal.

(starts dreaming of new v8 diesel Landcruiser with sat dish, fold out kitchen and pool room.)

Love the second of these Alan. The way the light radiates out from the brightest point in the frame is quite special.
                -----------------------------------------------------
                Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Working...
                X