Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the artist lurking within.

If you are a frustrated artist like myself, there is help at hand. Corel painter is good, but difficult to master, but then I discovered Fotosketcher. A totally free piece of software that instantly creates masterpieces. You can use it by clicking presets, or adjusting and fine tuning a preset you like. It also creates textures in the pictures, adds frames, and text, if you want to add them. There is also the ability to do very basic editing, but I prefer to do that in photoshop first.

Here are some samples of what it does with a photo. I've added a variety of frames and textures to demonstrate some of the ones available. Sorry, some of these frames are not to my taste

Fotosketcher is extremely handy if you have a photo you like, but it is too blurry to use. Turn it into a painting. People seem to like them, and they often come up well as canvases.

Next rainy day - go and have some fun. Sorry, no Mac version to my knowledge

Original photo Click image for larger version

Name:	sound_asleep_original.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	375293

Oil painting Click image for larger version

Name:	FotoSketcher_oil_painting.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	375294

Oil Pastel Click image for larger version

Name:	FotoSketcher_oil_pastel.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	375295

Pencil sketch Click image for larger version

Name:	FotoSketcher_pencil_sketch.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	375296

Water colour Click image for larger version

Name:	FotoSketcher_watercolour.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	375297
    Last edited by inapickle; 22-03-2014, 09:30 PM.

Oh my, so many choices, it would be like going to supermarket and not being able to figure out which tin of tomatoes to buy!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      Oh my, so many choices, it would be like going to supermarket and not being able to figure out which tin of tomatoes to buy!
      That's exactly what it is like

Comment

They look great must have a look at it - thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X