Clear All

• Butterfly Dance

Cabbage White and Daisies in Oil

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Love it!

Comment

The butterfly adds the finishing touch to the photo, but I won't inquire too closely as to it's origin

Comment

Thanks pickle how could possibly think I would have added a butterfly - I'm mortified you know I'm such a purist Click image for larger version

Name:	5050306755_fccec88dfe_o.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	374342
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Beautiful.

Even the flowering buds looks great with the oil filter.
          -----------------------------------------------------
          Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Tis beautiful Alan ........ don't have access to the 'oil filter' .....
            Barb
            "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Originally posted by caralan View Post
              Thanks pickle how could possibly think I would have added a butterfly - I'm mortified you know I'm such a purist
              Just keeping an eye on you

Barb, the oil painting filter is part of Pixel Blender. It is built into CS6, and runs as a plugin in CS5. Unfortunately it doesn't run with Elements.

But ... there is a standalone version of pixel blender. It was installed on my computer when I bought it. Adobe no longer supports it, but there are still some download links on their site here. You have to sign into Adobe to download. Just create a new account if you don't already have one. If the download still works, you might like to try and get pixel blender working. It is not easy, but worth the effort.

The only trouble was that when I downloaded the CS5 plugin version a year ago, the oil filter was not included. It took a lot of hunting on the internet to find the oil filter to add in.

For painting effects you might like to download and play with the free software Fotosketcher.

Comment

Beautiful - so delicate. I couldn't work out why so many of my filters weren't showing then discovered I had to change to 8 bit to get all to show. Happy now can start playing with more of them.

Comment

Thanks again (Fotosketcher has no Mac version )
                  Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
                  X