Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fractalius Sea Horse

I was advised of this program fractalius.
    I must admit it only works for some images. I had a quick play around last night and love this image of a sea horse caught a few years back.
    Dont worry it wasnt harmed. It grabbed hold of my line and hitched a ride in. Took a couple shots and put it back.

Here is my fractalius image...

Playing around with effects of this seahorse i caught by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Last edited by marc russo; 05-06-2013, 01:34 PM.

Great effect!

Comment

that looks pretty cool
      Cheers
      Darren
      website

Comment

Thanks guys. It sort of leaves the photography realm and into the art but if done right it looks pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by marc russo View Post
          Thanks guys. It sort of leaves the photography realm and into the art but if done right it looks pretty good
          photography is art so either way it remains in the art realm
          Cheers
          Darren
          website

Comment

good point

Comment

I think it's great and really does suit the seahorse. Would be a nice piece for a wall and yes it's still in the 'art' realm.

edit: I googled fractilus and really like some of the examples shown ..certainly a plugin worth having for the arty farty images.
              Last edited by millicat; 05-06-2013, 02:23 PM.
              Anna
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
              My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Agree - looks good. As with a lot of the arty effects, it's choosing the right base image that's crucial.

Cheers
                Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

very true, i went throuigh so many images and lighting and everything must come into play.

This was the original image....

This little guy attached itself to my bait. Lucky it wasnt hooked by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Comment

Awwww I don't know how often that can happen but for me that would have been an epic moment. I only see seahorses in story books I read to my daughter.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                    Anna
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
                    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Thanks Yeah its the 2nd one i have caught now and thank god i didnt hook them or kill them. I have heard divers around that area see them all the time. Goes to show the swan river is one of the cleanest in the world

Comment

A couple more ....
                        Salt water Croc image i took a while back...

Saltwater Crocodile by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Comment

Joey in the pouch...

8011567721_6aecd2663f_o by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Comment

Fighting roo's of Perth hills...

8011574225_a9637d4af7_o by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Comment

I know this effect isnt for everyone but i like it on some images and look great at full res. Not sure how it works but gee it makes the image alot bigger and very sharp and grainless as you zoom in on the full res

Comment

Working...
                              X