Clear All

• Reflection

I thought I might as well stuff up another good photo

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

at least you have the motivation to stuff up good photos

Comment

Not sure what's causing your lack of motivation Ian, but I notice Loose is suffering as well. I reckon I suffer from SAD at times

Winter, and the lack of warmth and light gets this QLD boy down. But I think you suggested elsewhere that it's a good time to get out to capture the softer light.
      Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I with them - too cold - just went out for an hour - couldn't find anything worth taking a pic of.

Last week the same. Come on Spring.
        Terry
        An Olympus E620 user

Comment

You've stuffed it up really nicely mate - more wall art - do you have any spare walls left?
          Andrew

(Grumpy old fart with some Nikon stuff)
          www.aslanimages.com.au https://www.facebook.com/AslanImagesPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by caralan View Post
            I reckon I suffer from SAD at times
            it's not the weather with me Alan .

Originally posted by caralan View Post
            Not sure what's causing your lack of motivation Ian,
            Got up early this morning hoping for cloud to be still around after a cloudy day yesterday (working); but not cloud in the sky! This area gets a bit photographically boring after a while, there are always photos to be taken but what does one do with with them? As I have said before it can be a long way between clicks at times. Closest (accessible) water is 100 ks away; any real hills (flinders) about 6 hours drive. In between is not really a lot. A visitor could spend a week or two here with a camera but I have been visiting to area for 10 years with a camera.

I could lose 90/95% of the images on my computer/hard drives and not worry too much about it.

And I guess looking at the wonderful images on the 1x.com site makes me release just how poorly I have done with a camera so I then wonder what is the point of it all. i'm just past carrying camera to snap away at every and anything these days.

and now chris (dragonfly) is back to show us how to do it with one camera and basically one lens L OL. But I take a lot of pleasure knowing i was one of many who helped Chris along in his early days. Another member in a similar boat is Jacko. LO L I can still remember some of his early photos and questions but in many ways they have both overtaken me.

And BTW; in the past I have done a lot of filter effect stuff and decided good photography does not need it.

Comment

Love what this filter does to the colours - I like it.

@ LOST, are you into photoshop post processing? There's lots of tutorials to do, and I don't mean stuff to do to fill in your time, I mean learning the tricky parts of selective adjustments in your layers, using blending modes to create something different, adding textures etc. Might shed a whole new light on some of your photos you thought were a bit plain. (Really good to learn when you love a photo's composition but you just didn't nail it, helps "hide" the flaws!)
              Life is short, smile while you still have teeth .....
              Art-ography

Comment

Originally posted by twistednoodle View Post
                Love what this filter does to the colours - I like it.

@ LOST, are you into photoshop post processing? There's lots of tutorials to do, and I don't mean stuff to do to fill in your time, I mean learning the tricky parts of selective adjustments in your layers, using blending modes to create something different, adding textures etc. Might shed a whole new light on some of your photos you thought were a bit plain. (Really good to learn when you love a photo's composition but you just didn't nail it, helps "hide" the flaws!)
                Being doing it for years Nooddles; even written a few tutorials for forums myself and I guess i have got a few started with serious editing

Comment

Thanks Ian - it does sound like you are in a bit of a slump.

As to what to do with the photos - maybe the process of taking them is the important/relaxing thing - enjoy the journey rather than the destination.

I was also going to suggest what Kath said.

I know what you mean about looking at the photo sites you previously suggested. I joined a couple, and they could make me depressed too knowing how far I am from ever achieving any thing like the works of art displayed there.

Simple solution..

Don't look at them

Problem solved - (no need to thank me)
                  Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Very nice Alan, I like the varying shades and it would be good on a huge canvas in the foyer of a large company.
                    Anna
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
                    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Working...
                    X