No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Wreck

Still raining

Playing in PS - cubism? or just wrecked a good photo....

Misty Moruya River at Dawn, if it isn't obvious

Stay dry

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

hmmm it could be one of those photos that ppl will pay squillions for ... and someone will think of some clever articulate way of describing it. .. I reckon Jenne will give it a good go .. she's good with her art lingo lol. (that's a compliment btw along with some sarcasm but you know I like your lingo talent).

I like the many shades of brown .. and it's not a write off, it's appealing and unique. It could compliment a wall in a room of modern decor or be on a doctors waiting room that ppl look up and wonder what it is and keeps staring because that's what one does when waiting for a doc.
    Anna
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

I like it a lot and would happily have it on the wall. I love the earthy colours in it.

As for it's resemblance to Moyura on a misty morn.... I'll take your word for it

Comment

You have try to learn - don't mind it ........ probably wouldn't buy it but it'd make great commercial art.
        Life is short, smile while you still have teeth .....
        Art-ography

Comment

I havent taken enough drugs to get this one

probably sell it for a million bucks though
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Yep.Me too...saw this and thought...I did not have my pill today. Very....wierd....as Stephen said...probably sell for a million.
            Mike
            "Each of us has their own calling"

Comment

Cheers everyone

The medication is kicking in now.

No $million dollar offers yet, but I live in hope that a wealthy investor might stumble across it, and snap it up for a bargain price before I'm famous
              Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by millicat View Post
                hmmm it could be one of those photos that ppl will pay squillions for ... and someone will think of some clever articulate way of describing it. .. I reckon Jenne will give it a good go .. she's good with her art lingo lol. (that's a compliment btw along with some sarcasm but you know I like your lingo talent).

ummmmm this time I think I'm lost for words .
                I like this but am having a little trouble articulating why, definitely the colours, and the abstract look so's you have to look carefully to see the river and trees, the hills behind then the clouds. The shapes in the sky are amazing. So come on Alan, what did you use to make this lovely creation, that's if you remember since it's been a while since you posted this, I've been on walkabout again.
                Jenne

My Gallery
                My Flickr Gallery

Comment

thanks Jenne

I did this many years ago and have no idea how I achieved it - I suspect it may been a free trial download of some program. It's not anything in PS filters that I can see/duplicate.

Here's something like the original

Cheers

ps still no offers for it

pps hope you had an enjoyable walkabout

Click image for larger version

Name:	river7w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	318389
                  Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Not that much an enjoyable walkabout, I had no personal computer time, some was spent working, some going to town shopping, some remodelling my backyard, some was good like social time with friends .
                    Now I am thinking it could have been done in that Corel Painter program, it has a brush type effect which this could be.
                    Love the 'real' picture though, I love mist rising above water pictures.
                    You will have to 'shop' it around to get more interest haha, I would do that just to see what people say.
                    Jenne

My Gallery
                    My Flickr Gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X